Monday, April 4, 2011

since the day you were born


my birthday was a nice day.
i had such a hard time when it started.
SUCH a hard time.

my mom came to talk to me and try to calm me down.
she kind of yelled at me, which i needed.
then when she left my bedroom
i went back underneath the covers
and just
prayed.

prayer is the answer.
always always always.

my life is a blessing.
everything in it.

the Lord knows my struggles and just wanted me to reach out to Him, His Son, and the Holy Ghost on this day for comfort.

i sat in my room alone for the next hour and wanted to do something therapeutic.
i pulled out the big guns:
braiding my hair, playing some beatles, and singing.
that one prayer altered my whole day.

almost the SECOND i was ready to emerge from my bedroom, my littlest sister came in and invited me to come watch megamind in my mom's room with her.

it was a weird request but it was just what i needed.

the whole rest of the day i felt the comfort of my Heavenly Father.
i know why i was upset.
i know what to do to get some assistance.

we cannot do it alone sometimes.
prayer is the answer!

my family is so sweet and thoughtful.
thank you so much for making this a lovely birthday.

{maybe i'm kind of in love with tangled}
my dad made my cake :)
my mama made this card
my very own ellie badge
thank you so much to everyone i talked to yesterday
for making me happy on my birthday.

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday ayley. i'm glad it turned out to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off: that picture of you holding your cake = GORGEOUS. you ayeley are a beautiful girl. second this post was amazing. so inspiring. thank you for reminding me how truly important prayer is. thank you for sharing how one simple prayer made such a huge difference in your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was such a great post!
    just what i needed to pull me out of my finals funk.
    Prayer is always always always the very best answer :)
    and megamind is a wonderful solution to the blues too.

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're thinking