Friday, September 11, 2009

\ˈäp-tə-ˌmi-zəm\ n. :an inclination to put the most favorable construction upon actions and events

T E N
things that suck and blow simultaneously:
1 - being sick
2 - waking up early
3 - having no time to have any hobbies
4 - working on weekends
5 - not being able to sleep
6 - fighting with family
7 - having a period
8 - being forgetful and unorganized
9 - not knowing what to do with your future
10 - crying every freaking day for no apparent reason

T E N
things that i need to remind myself of every day:

1 - i need to appreciate my health when i have it and take better care of myself
2 - i get to see the sunrise every morning
3 - i am learning how to work really hard
4 - sometimes i won't have the opportunity to play in life and i need to be happy just living and breathing and doing things that better myself
5 - sometimes trying too hard to do something actually pushes you further back. don't force it
6 - i am learning to be more patient and to turn the other cheek day by day
7 - i have been blessed to have a woman's body and have the ability to be a mother someday. i will be able to feel this "maternal instinct" business and experience incredible things with my body that males cannot. i shouldn't have any penis envy
8 - i am learning to forgive myself for my mistakes and recognize that i can't be perfect
9 - i have so many options before me, i can do whatever i want with my life
10 - i will be okay when all is said and done

oh, Optimism. you're so hard to maintain sometimes but you make the sun shine brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you're thinking